Instantly Detect and Connect to Any Wireless Network or Wireless Hot Spot!
The Hawking HWL2 is an advanced version of the HWL1 and improves on many functions of the previous model. The most obvious is the addtion of a Hi-Speed Wireless-G USB 2.0 Network Adapter as well as the ability to differentiate wireless networks with security enabled. The addition of a WiFi Adapter allows the user to detect an 802.11b or 802.11g wireless signal and efforlessly connect to that signal by attaching their laptop or desktop directly to the HWL2 via USB 2.0.
The hassle of powering up your laptop and connecting to wireless “Hot-Spots” is now significantly simplified by the HWL2. Simply push the “Locate” button on the HWL2, detect and connect. No more guessing and configuring each specific wireless “hot-spot.” The HWL2 is equipped with a new, re-designed, flip up directional antenna that serves two purposes:
1) When detecting wireless networks, the Hi-Gain Directional Antenna helps the user determine exactly where the source of the wireless netweork is coming from by showing stronger signals at different angles.
2) When connecting to a wireless network, the Hi-Gain Directional Antenna guarantees the strongest link possible and provides greater distance than current wireless network adapters on the market due to its advanced 5dBi Antenna.
The HWL2 also automatically recharges its batteries when connected to a laptop so you never have to worry about replacing the batteries.
– Detect and Connect to ANY Wireless b/g Network
– 2 Products in One: WiFi Locator and Wireless-G USB Adapter
– Finds Wireless Networks (Hot-Spots) w/o Taking out Your Laptop
– Connects to your Laptop with USB 2.0 to access WiFi Networks
– Detects and Indicates Wireless Networks with Security Enabled
– Advanced Hi-Gain Directional Flip-Up Antenna provides Optimal Wireless Range and Performance (Up To 300%over that of standard wireless adapters)
How to figure out which version you have:
On the backside of the product there is a label that will determine which version you have. Click on the to see an image. To download a file, select the icon next to the select file.